Michael A. Kasberg, Esq. has several years experience in administering estates and assisting families and individuals with their estate planning needs. He is a graduate of New England Law Boston. While attending New England Law Boston in the evening division, Michael worked full time at Cushing & Dolan, P.C. Michael has significant experience in all aspects of trust and estate administration, including:
- The implementation of estate plans to fit a variety of individual and family needs
- Preparing probate petitions, inventories, accounts (terminal and on-going) will contests, actions for removal of fiduciaries
- Administering estates, including the preparation of income, gift, estate and fiduciary tax returns
- Funding inter-vivos and irrevocable trusts, including post-death funding from pour-over wills and funding of particular sub-trust shares of funding trusts
- The collection and valuation of assets and preparation of estate, gift and capital gains taxation; and the conveyance of real estate, clearing title to unmarketable real estate, and petitions for partition
- Represent clients to oversee the estate and trust administration process to valuate and consolidate assets before estate and trust distributions are made, and the implementation of succession plans for transition to the next generation.
- Assists the personal representatives of estates through the complex probate process, including all of the important details from filing the proper documents with the court, preparing estate tax returns and making final distributions in accordance with the will or trusts.
- Counsels clients in connection with contested wills and procedural needs during the probate process.
- Creates appropriate trust structures to meet specific lifetime intentions while executing upon post-mortem plans.
- Works with appointed fiduciaries to oversee financial assets.
- Works closely with clients to value, consolidate and distribute probate and trust assets.
- Provides assistance with practical matters and support during a time of change and loss by providing personal attention to clients to meet any unique needs within the context of each situation.
- Provides advice to clients to properly administer complex estates, including funding of trusts, dealing with family limited partnerships and other vehicles to conserve property, minimize taxes and provide for the needs of clients and family members.
- Counsels trustees and beneficiaries on their respective rights and duties.
New England Law Boston, Boston, Massachusetts
The University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire
B.A. History, Minor: Economics